Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Don't Feel Bad Asking...

Often times I encounter people who don't know what kind of meat is in their sandwich or where it comes from.

I offer this piece of advice. If you eat meat, I would strongly encourage you to ask what the meat looks like or where it comes from before eating it. Over the weekend, I went into DiBella's Subs in Rochester to get a veggie sub. I saw they had a new sub on the menu called the "Buffalo Chicken." It is my go-to thing on cheat days so I wanted to check it out for future reference. When I asked the guy to show me the chicken he used, he pulled out something like this...

...and told me he just dumped it in buffalo chicken sauce and put it on the sub. Um ew. What's in this stuff? I wish I could tell you without going to the store, but Tyson won't post the ingredients on their website! It is, however, listed under "Chicken Products" so I'll assume there is at least some chicken in there. Think about it though-how do they get it to stay on the shelf for so long AND what does that do to your body?!!

So by taking two seconds to ask the sub guy if I "could see" the chicken he would use on the sub-I saved myself the disappointment of eating something that wouldn't taste good and also kept potentially harmful additives and preservatives from unknowingly going into my body.

It's our job to know guys-our job to know what we put in our mouth and our family's mouths. (yes i realize that you can giggle about the above statement but also please take it to heart!)

So if you are like me and one day desire a chicken finger sub, please make sure your chicken fingers come from actual chickens and are made in-house with real ingredients. They'll taste better and be healthier for you! This goes for all food! :)
Stay tuned for tonight's post! I'll give you a killer recipe on how to make vegan lentil burgers! Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment