Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Healthy Drink for Body and Mind

Thanks to the blogger meltdown this week, it took me a little while to post this but wanted to make sure you all got the recipe because it's amazing!



This drink is a non-alcoholic, vegan, gluten-free, refreshing summer "spritzer." being pregnant, it not only quenches my thirst and gives me something other than water to drink (because I don't drink juices unless I make them at home), but it also soothes my unstable stomach and puts my mind at ease!



It will literally take you 2 minutes to make. Here you go:

Ingredients:

ginger, a piece fresh from the root
1 lime
1 bottle of sparkling water
ice

Method:



Peel a piece of fresh ginger that is the size of a penny or nickel. It is easiest and least wasteful to peel ginger while holding it in your handing and using a spoon to remove the skin. Once the ginger is peeled, use a microplane or small grater to grate it into a glass. Use a little at first, because you can taste it and add more if necessary.



Then cut the lime in half and slice one round off and put it in the glass. Squeeze the lime juice into the glass. Add ice. Pour in sparkling water and you are good to go!




***Note: I like to also add a little sweetness to this. You could add a dash of coconut water or milk to add a sweetness or even peach nectar!***




Alternative drink




Another great non-alcoholic, vegan, gluten-free summer drink that I just learned how to make is a homemade pina colada! All you have to do is blend coconut milk (from the can, unsweetened) with pineapple and ice. AMAZING!!




Enjoy these yummy, refreshing summer drinks. Hopefully they will inspire mother nature to bring us summer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment